Sunday, December 11, 2011

Birds at Ellwood Grove

Here are some birds that I photographed when I went to Ellwood Grove to see the Monarch Butterflies.

Blue-gray Gnatcatcher

Quote on bench, "This preserve is a goldmine when it comes to getting to know your neighbors." Hurston Buck.

Nutmeg Mannikin

American Kestrel
This American Kestrel didn't like me hiking in its direction, so it quickly flew away.

American Kestrel

American Kestrel

Over my head was a Turkey Vulture.

Turkey Vulture

Turkey Vultures

White-crowned Sparrow

White-crowned Sparrow

White-crowned Sparrow

2 comments:

  1. Female Nutmeg Mannikin is my guess based on some consultation with friends. I enjoy your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did some more research and agree with you and your friends. Thanks and keep visiting my blog.
    Gary

    ReplyDelete