Wednesday, June 12, 2024

Timelapse Attempt!

A bud on a Flying Saucer Cactus

   I was watching this bud grow bigger and bigger on my Flying Saucer Cactus and I sensed it was going to open the evening of June 4th.  I set up a timelapse camera, hoping to capture the opening of the bloom and make a short video.  We've all seen those videos and they are pretty cool.  I was hoping that it would be fully open before it got too dark for a picture.

   The timelapse camera was set to take a picture every 10 seconds, and here are the "highlights".









As you can see, the big opening took place when it was too dark for a picture.

Flying Saucer Cactus

It wasn't worth making a video, but it's still an incredible bloom.

Flying Saucer Cactus

In this last photo you can see what's left of the two blooms from my June 1st post.  The blooms only last a few days and longer if we don't get drippy fog!  


Flying Saucer Cactus with friends


No comments:

Post a Comment