Wednesday, July 31, 2024

Dragonfly - Flame Skimmer

 I see several different types of butterflies in the garden, but because of their pattern of flight, I rarely get a picture of one.  I rarely see dragonflies, but today I saw this Flame Skimmer dragonfly sitting on the edge of a pine branch!  It sat still long enough for me to get a few pictures.  

Flame Skimmer Dragonfly

Flame Skimmer Dragonfly

I've seen this type of dragonfly before at a friends house who happens to live about a mile and a half due east.  They have a swimming pool and creek on their property and Flame skimmer dragonflies are there each summer.  They like hanging out near water and I'm not sure what attracted this one to hang out here.  Since they eat an assortment of soft-bodied insects, including mosquitoes, mayflies, termites and flies, they are always welcome!

Flame Skimmer Dragonfly



No comments:

Post a Comment