Monday, July 4, 2011

4th of July 2011

Here are some pictures of the 4th of July fireworks in Santa Barbara.  Between the fog rolling in and the smoke blowing in our direction, it made for some interesting pictures.  I started out using my Canon EOS T2i, but it automatically raised the ASA up to 3200 and it looked like the city was on fire.  I didn't have time to learn how to manually set the ASA, so I ran down stairs and grab my old Canon EOS XT and used that camera body.  The T2i does a fantastic job of shooting in low light without any noise.  This just happened to be one of those rare situations where it was a disadvantage.  I'm glad I kept the old camera body and was able to find it quickly.






  



1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! Just as stunning as last year's photos. I could only hear the fireworks from my house.

    ReplyDelete