Monday, June 13, 2011

Hooded Oriole

If I didn't have the BirdCam taking picture of the Orioles, I wouldn't think there were any in the garden.  In the past two months I have seen a few females and just a couple of males but only briefly.  So imagine my surprise this evening when I stepped out on the balcony and a male Hooded Oriole flew by me then landed on a feeder.  It was about twenty five feet away and looked at me for about fifteen seconds before flying down the hillside.  I quickly grabbed my camera and starting playing Hooded Oriole calls from the iBird App on my iPhone.  In a few minutes the Oriole was back and I was able to get a few pictures.

Hooded Oriole

Hooded Oriole

Hooded Oriole

Hooded Oriole

Hooded Oriole

Hooded Oriole

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous pictures! I'm going to try the iBird calls to see if I can lure my Orioles down from the palm tree!

    ReplyDelete