Saturday, January 22, 2011

Critters on the garden path

One day in July of 2010, I discovered a hole that was being dug on the lower garden path.  So I decided to set up the BirdCam and point the it towards the hole to see who was digging.
Turns out that some skunks were the culprits. 
Then there was another visitor on the garden path, a Coyote.  I wasn't too surprised as we sometimes hear them howling during the summer nights.
  A month later I placed the camera in a different location on the lower garden path and here is a Coyote going up the steps.

I don't think this is the same coyote in all the pictures as this next one looks a little smaller than the last.
I like having the date and time on these pictures.  The real surprise came a month later with this next picture, as it was the middle of the day when the coyote was on the path.  You can see the backside as its walking away from the camera.

This could be one of the reasons that we had very few, if any gophers in the garden.

1 comment: