Friday, July 1, 2011

Viola Timelapse Photography

I thought it would be interesting to plant some Viola seeds under some grow lights and turn on the time lapse camera.  From these pictures I have made two videos.  The first video starts when the plant has just poked through the soil.  It's eight weeks of growing condensed into 39 seconds of video.


 Of course another plant was the first to bloom, so this second video is a different plant.  This is seven days of growth condensed into a 30 second video. 

The camera I used is called the PlantCam and its made by the same company that makes the BirdCam.  I had it taking one picture every 30 minutes for 11 hours a day.  I used video editing software to make the final videos.  

1 comment:

  1. That is so clever! I love the video with the blooms.

    ReplyDelete