Tuesday, August 13, 2019

The Pine Tree has died but Lives on!

The large pine tree has died.  The tree trimmers removed the dead branches but left about 30 feet of the trunk so that Mike could plant it with ferns, bromeliads, orchids and begonias.

The view from the front door looking up at the dead pine tree.

The tree trimmer used a bucket truck to access the tree and to cut it down piece by piece.

Three tree trimmer and his team worked quickly, removing the dead tree.

Mike Flaherty starts to work adding plants to the trunk.


There is a lot to look at as you walk down the steps.

I think it looks great



I think this Stag Horn fern looks great mounted on the tree trunk.






1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! I love the tillandsias and Spanish moss. If you live near Torrance, CA, (or even if you don't), you may have heard of and visit Rainforest Flora, which is the outfit I thought of as soon as I read "staghorn fern" in the text of the email notice of your new posting. I've ordered tillandsias from them. One day when I'm wealthy, I'll fly there (it's not far from the airport), buy box loads of plants, and bring them home to my estate and greenhouses... or I'll just buy tillies from some local gals who started selling at our growers market this year. :)

    ReplyDelete